Thursday, November 22, 2012

NO TURKEY AND NO SHOPPING, THANKS

Yes we are vegetarian and no we don't eat turkey for Thanksgiving.  Today, my parents and I visited our old family friends to celebrate Thanksgiving and pretend to care about a football game.  So RICE is what's for lunch.  We had rice with some choices of specialties.  Here's a snap of our table.

 My favorite side has always been the crispies!  Which includes papadam and karudam.  I can stay away from sugar and away from animal products, but I have a severe addiction to salty, crispy things.

If one let's go of the nightmare of history that we are 'celebrating' with obsessions over fat turkeys, football and violent shoppers camping out all night to wait to get things that are probably not even needed in the first place....

It is nice to say thanks.  Everyday...not just today.  Our friends thought of a nice idea to pass around index cards to everyone so that we could write what we were thankful for.  Then we put them in a box and everyone passed it around the table to pick a card and share.  I thought that was a simple and neat way to pass this holiday and remember that we have miracles and wonders all around us all the time even in the midst of all the pain and suffering.

Today and everyday, I am thankful for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment